Sunday, March 27, 2011

My Pregnancy

I had a pretty normal pregnancy for Bethanne.. I went for all my dr. visits and all my tests.. I know I was excited to hear her heartbeat for the first time.. Sometime I guess around 4 months pregnant at one of my dr. appointments the dr. told me I had a non-viable pregnancy and I should have a medical abortion.. I don't know why she said that. I heard the babys heartbeat.  So there was no way I was aborting my baby.. During all my sonograms they told me her heart was fine.  We found out at like 6 months that she had a Left Multicystic Kidney.  They also informed us that she had fluid in her bowels and they weren't sure why.. 2 weeks before she was due I was sent to a perinatal center for a more thorough ultrasound on her kidney and I was told I needed to go immediatley to see a peds cardiologist.. Why? Was the question.  So we went and cardiologist did the ultrasound himself and we found out Bethanne was going to be born with a CHD..A CHD called Tricuspid Atresia w/ VSD and pulmonic stenosis.. along with her only one good kidney.. I kept asking why?  What did I do wrong?  About a week before I had her I ended up having an amniocentesis and it ended up coming back she had no chromosomal abnormalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment