Sunday, March 27, 2011

Bethannes Birth


 I had a normal delivery but with pain meds as I had horrible back labor.. I layed on my side. I didn't want to lay on my back.. I was so drugged up that my friend kept telling me to get on my back because they had lost the babies heartbeat..For almost an hour they did not have a heartbeat.  .Bethanne is born at 2:02 am on April 27, 2009.. The cord was wrapped around her neck 4 times.. She was beautiful.. I get to hold her for around 30 seconds before they whisk her away to the NICU.. She goes on oxygen and all kinds of medicines to keep her ductus valve open.. My daughter has Tricuspid Atresia w/ VSD, pulmonic stenosis, Left multicystic kidney and vertebral anomaly.  How is was explained to us was that she needed to go on prostaglandins to keep her ductus valve open. It would have closed otherwise and she would have passed away..

1 comment: